Monday, October 14, 2013

Oi!! :)

I loved the photos!! :) Thanks for sending those!! :) Everyone looks great!! Tell Grandma Happy Late Bday for me when you all return from your cruise!! Tell the Hoyts and Robinsons hello as well! 

So yesterday we had 2 baptisms in the ocean! Geymeson was baptized, the 17 year old boy! :) And Diasis was baptized! :) He is so great and has a huge testimony and he said when Thomas S Monson spoke at conference he knew he was a prophet and wanted to cry! :) He is just so great and he is already giving us references and tells everyone they need a Book of Mormon and need to read it. He is a missionary already! :)

 So this week I started working with Sister Alcantara and she is now my companion, we only have 4 weeks left and I miss working with Sister Sowa but I love working with Sister Alcantara also!! I am understanding a lot more and we can have real conversations and talk as we walk so it has been a blessing! In 2 weeks we have interviews with President Souza and we have to teach him so I hope I do okay! I am a bit nervous but I am sure it will be fine! Oh so funny story, the other day we were teaching a lady and I accidentally said Joseph Smith is our Redeemer instead of a restorer of our church. My trainer smiled and laughed and just gave me this look and I immediately realized what I said. The language is getting better though :) And I am starting to have pretty good regular conversations too and my knowledge is expanding! :) Another funny thing is people here call Sister Twitchell and I dolls lol... because they say look like baby dolls haha! 

Well, I don't have a ton of time to write today but this week was great and an awesome thing about his week was Sister Alcantara and I taught a group of 20 young men the Restoration. They were about to go play soccer and I was like look 20 new people to teach joking around, but she was like seriously we are going to teach them. Not going to lie I was a bit nervous to talk to such a big crowd so she talked most of the time plus speaking in Portuguese really loud is more difficult lol but it was an awesome expereince and who knows maybe they will all be missionaries one day!! :) Oh also on Saturday was the Day for Kids. This is a holiday they have in Brazil! All kids were out eating candy and just having festas on the street. We took some funny pics looking like babies lol! Well I will write more next week but I hope you all had an amazing cruise :) I pray for all of you often and am grateful for your examples and you do for me!! :) Love you lots!! Tell everyone hello for me and remember to count your many blessings and to smile even in the hard times!! :)

Muito amor,

Sister Mattei :)

No comments:

Post a Comment