Monday, October 28, 2013

Oi familia!! :) 

Glad to hear  things with Mom are better and you are all home now! Last P day was a bit rough for me after hearing about that but with faith, hope and prayer the Lord truly blesses us!! :) But tell all my lazy brothers haha to help Mom out more haha :p I can't talk because I didn't do as much as I should have either before I left... I am glad Heavenly Father has a great heart and is willing to forgive us of our stupid mistakes :) Being on a mission I have realized so many things I want to be better at and work on so I pray I will take these things I am learning now back home and some day into my future family! :) 

So yesterday we had 6 of our investigators come to church which we were super excited about because sometimes it is hard to even have one show up. After there are a sufficient amount of members here they will build a chapel but the people here are so great because they come to church and attend church in a tiny house with no air conditioning. The people that are being baptized here have so much faith and will be taking on callings and much responsibility with so little time as a member. We are hoping Josue will be baptized next week, he is so awesome and during church he read like 30 pages of the gospel principals book so we gave it to him to take home. He has such faith and is such a great Dad with his little girl. He is very interested in the church but his wife has a lot of doubts but is still wanting to learn :) Also, we have another family but they are not married so we are hoping to set a date for them to be married this week :) They have the cutest little boy! :) Lessons are great and teaching is getting easier and easier.. I can have very casual conversations now with my trainer and this week since it is my last 2 weeks of training I will be senior companion and will lead all of our lessons... so good luck for me haha :) In my companionship with Sister Sowa before we switched leading lessons so it probably won't be much different.
So you asked about P days and what we do... Well sometimes we shop for a new skirt, we buy groceries, we watch Disney movies (we can in our mission) last week we watched Lion King- I thought about Mark lol! We write cards and eat food and just relax :) But today with some of the young women that were recently baptized we are going to have a shaving cream and water war :) I am pretty excited :) And I will be sure to take photos! :) I never have time to send photos... so I will next week but my email will be shorter... Oh and on Wednesdays we always take a bus for an hour and half to go to our district meetings... we leave our house at 6 or 6¨30 am... So I am always a little more tired on Wednesdays but it is fun to practice teaching with our district and socialize a bit. I think I may have talked about that last week... I can't remember! Well got to go, but love you lots!! :) I am always praying for you all!! :) Remember to have faith and hope in all things!! :) Smile :)
Muito amor,
Sister Mattei :)

No comments:

Post a Comment